WHAT IS RAT ? WHY IS RAT CONTROL NECESSARY?
Rats and mice are very destructive and contaminate buildings. Rats and mice urinate often, creating stains and offensive odors. A single rodent will produce about 25,000 feces droppings in a year. They also do damage to electrical wiring by chewing off the insulation. Rats can be very persistent even gnawing through metal to get in, and if they do gain access into your home or business premises they can spread diseases, cause damage and contaminate food. American fumigation’s Rat Control service is your way out when you want to get rid of these nasty creatures. Rats can cause other problems, so it’s vital to eliminate a rat infestation and get rat treatment quickly as rats can:
- Damage property with a constant gnawing, rats can damage insulation, chew through floor joists, pipes, doors, floorboards. Rats will also shred nearly anything for their nests, from paper to linen and plastic.
- Contaminate foodstuffs as pathogens are in a rat’s urine and droppings, these can transmit diseases such as Weil’s disease (Leptospirosis), Rat-bite fever, and Salmonellosis.
Rodenticides are used as part of a planned program of anti-pest activity and regular monitoring. We'll put a schedule of visits in place designed to effectively take care of your Rodent control problem with the minimum of disruption.
- We offer a comprehensive site inspection to access the source of the attraction, breeding site, level of infestation, and to identify the rat species
- Our technicians can offer an effective, targeted rodent control tailored to your requirements.
- Treatments will include the control of any potential breeding sites and will advise actions to take according to the pest problems
- Regular pest control is often the most reliable form of prevention. Rat Control stations professionally managed by American Fumigation is a trusted rat deterrent and is safe to use even in locations where children or pets are present.
Rats and mice live off man and give nothing beneficial in return. They spread disease, damage structures, and contaminate food. Rats damage one-fifth of the world’s food crop each year. The real damage is in contamination. One pair of rats shed more than one million body hairs each year and a single rat leaves 25,000 droppings in a year. They transmit many diseases, including Murine typhus fever, rat-bite fever, salmonellas or bacterial food poisoning, viral diseases such as foot-and-mouth disease, and many other diseases. Norway rats can also carry the rabies virus. Fleas from infected rats can also transmit the plague. Rodent feces are the cause of the fatal Hantavirus.&
The Hantavirus has been found locally in mice droppings. Rats memorize their environment by body and muscle movement alone. When objects are removed from their territory, rats will continue to move around them as if the objects were still there. They are highly suspicious of new items in their environment. This is important to know when treating for rodent infestations. Successful control depends on the proper identification of the different species. Norway and roof rats differ in size, habits, food preferences, and regions. Techniques that eliminate one species may not eliminate the other.
Rats visit fewer food sites than mice. However, rats eat much more at each site than mice.
SIGNS OF RAT & MICE INFESTATION
- Rats and mice constantly leave droppings. Fresh droppings are dark in color and soft in texture, but after three days they harden and lose the dark color. Rats always travel the same runways and leave “smudge marks”, a buildup of dirt and oil from their fur; along walls, pipes, gnawed openings, beams, and rafters.
- Rats keep runways free of cobwebs, debris, and dust. Outside, runways appear as narrow paths through vegetation.
- Rats and mice make sounds when climbing, clawing, and moving.
- Footprints and tail drags can be seen in dusty locations.
- Gnaw marks are a sure sign of rats and mice.
- If dogs or cats unexplainably get excited, rodents are probably moving about in wall voids or ceilings.
American fumigation should be your go-to place whenever you need Rat Control and other fumigation services because we assure you our work is the best.
AMERICAN FUMIGATION’S RAT CONTROL SOLUTIONS
Our British Pest Control Association (BPCA) certified Technicians provide safe, effective solutions to get rid of rats using industry-leading treatments. One of the quickest and most effective ways to control rats is with rodenticides. We have a large selection of rodenticides suitable for use indoors and out, in a wide variety of formulations too.
Our qualified American fumigation technicians can provide the most suitable treatments to a rat problem identified in your home or business. Professional services are often the most reliable way to guarantee a long-term solution to a pest problem.
EXTENSIVE CARE AND PRECAUTIONS TAKEN:
Rat Control using chemical products involves baits designed to kill rats. Care must be exercised to ensure that baits are properly placed and the use instructions on the product’s label are strictly followed. One of the more common techniques for bait use is to place the bait formulation in a tamper-proof rodent bait station that protects the bait from accidental exposure to non-target animals or people. In situations where rats are not controlled with conventional products, fumigation of transport vehicles or Rodent Control may sometimes be needed.